Summer Holiday Support
Please see some useful information around clubs and courses and things to do for children and families throughout the summer.
- South Glos Playscheme run free holiday clubs across South Glos - South Gloucestershire Play Scheme – 2022 holiday playscheme in South Gloucestershire for 5-11 year olds (sgplayscheme.co.uk)
- Progressive Sports offer a range of activities but these will need to be paid for. Holiday Courses - Progressive Sports - Bristol & South Gloucestershire (progressive-sports.co.uk)
Bookings are open for children to take part in a wide choice of activities, discover and develop all kinds of skills, learn about healthy, tasty food and eat it with new friends in the summer holiday.
Places are FREE for children aged 5-16 on benefits-related free school meals.
The leisure centres all run holiday camps and other activities throughout the summer. Holidays - Active Centres
- South Gloucestershire Children's Holiday Clubs - Summer (all4kidsuk.com) This has some online courses that children can do on coding, cooking, and games.
- School Holiday Camps in South Gloucestershire | Families Online South Glos Playschemes, day camps and residential camps.
- Activities and resources for children and young people | BETA - South Gloucestershire Council (southglos.gov.uk) The libraries also have lots of different activities throughout the summer including Lego clubs and reading challenges.
- Information on different ways of getting support with the cost of living rising Help with the rising cost of living | BETA - South Gloucestershire Council (southglos.gov.uk)
- Household support fund | BETA - South Gloucestershire Council (southglos.gov.uk)
- The government has provided funding for us to support people who are struggling to:
- buy food
- pay energy bills
- cover other essential costs linked to energy and wider essentials (including sanitary products, warm clothing, soap, blankets)
- www.moneysavingcentral.co.uk/kids-eat-free is a website that tells families restaurants where kids eat free throughout the holidays.
- Financial support and wellbeing | BETA - South Gloucestershire Council (southglos.gov.uk)
Support for families who have children with additional needs
- SEND and You - SAY: Local SEN and disability information service (SENDIAS) - Information and support around Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, for children, young people and families. (previously Supportive Parents)
- South Glos Parents and Carers: Information and groups for parents who have children with a disability and/or additional needs. Offers a weekly drop in for parents and carers, support groups, workshops, counselling and events. They also run the Parent Carer forum in South Gloucestershire to collect feedback and views from families with disabled children.
- JIGSAW Thornbury Support families who have children who are 0-25 years and have any additional needs or disability. This can be anything from learning needs such as dyslexia to complex disabilities or medical problems. Many children who come have no diagnosis. Weekly support group for parents, carers and children + training courses on a range of topics.
- Telephone: 01454 416381
- Website: https://www.jigsawthornbury.org.uk/